Wed, January 22, 2014
Powerful onstage and private monitoring options for the electronic drummer
Cumberland, RI, USA – January 22, 2014. Alesis, the world’s leading manufacturer of instruments and tools for today's musician, announces the new TransActive 400, a powerful 400 watt wedge amplifier with a true bi-amped design tailored specifically for the electronic drummer, and the new DRP 100 headphones, which combine extremely private and accurate electronic drum monitoring with a comfortable fit.
TransActive 400 answers the need for a self-contained, powerful electronic drum amplifier. Created for today’s electronic drummers, TransActive 400 is the perfect complement to the many popular Alesis electronic drum sets. The ergonomic design provides fast, clutter-free access to the controls. With the DRP 100, Alesis has created a comfortable headphone system that can handle the extreme dynamic and frequency range of an electronic drum kit’s sound module.
Alesis TransActive 400
Electronic Drum Stage Amplifier
- High-transient power to handle electronic drums
- 200 Watts continuous power, 400 Watts peak power
- Angled baffle and bass porting provide excellent projection
- 12" low-frequency transducer; 1" compression driver
- Stereo 1/4" and RCA inputs; stereo 1/4" outputs
- Stereo link output (1/4") for using two units in stereo
Extreme Isolating Electronic Drum Headphones
- Created and voiced for electronic drum monitoring
- Over-ear design provides extreme isolation—and comfort
- Silicone rubber headband ensures proper fit and stability
- Powerful 40mm full-range drivers provide dynamic sound
- Rear mounted universal 1/8” TRS cable jack
- Cable with 1/4” adapter included
“We really saw a need for two products essential for the professional electronic drummer,” said Nate Lane, Product Manager at Alesis. “So we created the TransActive 400 as an electronic drum stage amp, one that really has the power to get the job done. Along those same lines, we developed the DRP 100 as professional headphone system that a drummer would be comfortable wearing for an entire set on stage, or an all-day session in the studio.”
The TransActive 400 amplifier will be available with an estimated street price of $399.99 USD; DRP 100 headphones an estimated street price of $49.99 USD.
Alesis will present the TransActive 400 and DRP 100 at the 2014 NAMM Show in Hall A, Booth 6700, January 23-26 in Anaheim, California. For more information, visit: http://www.alesis.com/WNAMM2014